During the Zoom session on Monday, 18:30-21:00 CEST, we will assign you randomly to other participants. In up to four time slots and in small groups, you can chat casually about your interests and simply enjoy the time together. We believe that networking is an important (and fun!) aspect of academic events like this summer school and we hope that the speed dating will bring you some of the feeling that the physical coffee breaks would have had. So keep a cup of tea or a glass of lemonade handy and join our live speed dating!
Link to the speed dating Zoom Session
Resource efficient cooking is a social event for participants that want to exchange their cooking recipes. We will cook in parallel via Discord. Every participant can share her/his recipe via a google doc before or after the cooking event, to create our own RealML Summer School CookBook. The recipes should be kind of resource efficient. Resource efficiency can be reached by different categories:
- A simple recipe that needs only a small amount of “runtime” (e.g., 10 minutes cooking time and not more than 5 ingredients)
- A recipe that reduces the impact on global warming and thus only includes local/seasonal/vegan food
- A recipe that needs only a small amount of “energy” (e.g., raw/cold food that does not need to be heated )
Link to the Resource-Efficient Cooking Zoom Session on Tuesday Link to the Resource-Efficient Cooking Zoom Session on Thursday
Hopefully you already met (online) a few of your fellow participants. On this evening (or whatever time of the day is in your time zone) we would like to offer you a casual hangout in Discord.
Want to have some fun together? We selected a set of board and card games which work well online. If you want to, you can also use the time to just chat with each other, without the need to play while talking. In any way, please take part in the poll, to be assigned to a group of people who selected your favourite game, too.
- A Fake Artist Goes to New York: All players draw a word, but one does not know the word - this is the fake artist. After two rounds of adding a single line per player, you try to single out the fake artist, or to stay unrecognized. (5+ players) https://fake-artist.herokuapp.com
- Codenames: Two teams are selecting words that they think belong to a category. The category is determined by a spy master in each team, who knows which words should be selected and which should not. (4+ players) https://codenames.game
- Skribbl: Draw one of three words in at most 80 seconds, if it is your turn. When somebody else is drawing, type your guess to gain points. https://skribbl.io
- Escape the Boom: One player must defuse a bomb shown on his phone, but does not know what to do. The other players have the manual and can figure out what to do, but they do not see the bomb. You need to talk a lot, to not explode within the 5 minute time limit. The app with the bomb is free for the first four levels; unlocking all other levels costs 6€. (3-7 players) https://www.escape-the-boom.com
Link to the Discord Server